What is sleep apnea?
Who is most affected? How do I know if me or my child is at risk? Dr. Schmidt says sleep apnea can affect men, women, or children of any weight or age. However, overweight men with larger necks tend to be those at the highest risk.
- Heavy, loud, chronic snoring
- Choking or gasping during sleep
- Long pauses in your breathing during sleep
- Daytime sleepiness (such as falling asleep at work, while driving or when talking)
- Irritability or fatigue
- Headaches, forgetfulness, and a decreased interest in sex
- Waking up with a dry mouth or sore throat
- Waking up feeling out of breath
Diagnose Sleep Apnea
Take home sleep apnea test:
Riverbend Dental Center can now offer its patients the Embletta 100, a breakthrough in at home sleep diagnostics that can be done in the privacy of a patient’s home in just one night. After a full consultation and medical history is done on the patient, Dr. Schmidt will provide the patient with the Embletta 100 to take home and wear overnight. The Embletta is an easy, affordable, painless way to get the answers a patient needs to potentially save his or her life from this potentially life-threatening condition.